Club History The first mention of the club was in the Rolls-Royce news January 2nd 1956, when meetings were held in the Welfare Hall Nightingale road Derby, one night per month alternating with the other societies of Band, Chess, Drama and Choir. Mr Orme the first manager at the Sinfin site, was a keen photographer in his younger days. He gave the first trophy for B/W prints and helped to get the club room, studio and darkroom equipment. He asked Mr Kelly a director of the company to be the first club president, he gave us the Kelly trophy. Mr Proctor-Greg was personal manager from 1956-1957 he gave the Club the trophy for colour slides. Mr Lane was the chief photographer at Slack lane who, with Tom Goldsmith and Roy Deeley, gave lectures and demonstrations of studio work as well as organise visits to the Slack Lane Studio. Mr Hewer the first chairman gave us his trophy when he emigrated to Australia in about 1957. When the Rolls-Royce worked with the American company Allison, there was the Allison Trophy, when the joint project was finished in 1970 it was given to the club, RRPS won it every time. Mr Mansfield was the first secretary. D.J.BRAGG, Archivist and founder member.
Rolls-Royce Club Members
Click the image to enlarge
Rolls-Royce (Derby) Photographic Society is affiliated to the North and East Midlands Photographic Federation and the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain Created by Barry Thompson © 2017 Rolls Royce (Derby) Photographic Society, all rights reserved
21 December 2017